Thank you for your interest in adopting one of our available dogs. We look forward to working with you to help you find a nice companion and we appreciate your desire to help a homeless dog. None of our dogs are a 'one size fits all' option. Many of them come to us in need of very experienced homes, homes with no children, or homes with no other animals. Our adoption counselors are volunteers who will work closely with you to help you find the right match.
We ask for your patience particularly during the Covid 19 crisis as, like every other organization, we are in uncharted territory and delays are unavoidable..
The following information will be helpful as you take the next steps.
- You do not have to submit a new application for each dog that you are interested in. One application is sufficient; you can list multiple dogs, or say "open".
- We do not place German Shepherd dogs in apartment situations or mobile homes.
- You must be a minimum age of 23 years in order to adopt through our organization.
- We only place dogs in Southern CA, parts of Arizona, and Las Vegas, NV.
- We are not able to test all of our dogs for compatibility with cats or small dogs. We rely on information provided to us by a dog's previous owner.
- If you live in a rental property, we require a letter from your landlord/property manager or copy of your lease approving you to have a German Shepherd at the rental property.
- We require a home visit prior to any dog being placed. During the current COVID health situation, we can accept a virtual home visit using video.
- Please be sure to complete each of the required questions on the Adoption Application. If you accidentally overlook a required question, your form will not submit. Simply scroll back up and fill in the answer that is missing, then resubmit.
Thank you again for caring about homeless dogs!
Our Adoption Process:
Thank you for wanting to make a difference for a dog in need. We look forward to the opportunity to help you choose an ideal new addition to your family. Timing is EVERYTHING when it comes to successful adoption. Please give long and careful thought to whether or not you are in a position to care for a large breed dog and to commit to its needs for the rest of the dog’s life. If you are fortunate, your German Shepherd will live 12-13 years, so before you begin the process, think about where you will be 2, 4, 6 or 10 years from now.
Click here to read more
If you are interested in adopting one of our dogs, you may submit an application. To make sure that your application is accepted, please make sure you have completed the required* fields.
All dogs adopted through GSROC are spayed or neutered, current on their vaccines and de-wormed. Because the minimum adoption donation rarely covers the costs associated with each dog, we ask that adopters who are in a position to give additional funds do so at their discretion.
We also ask our adopters to help us spread the word about the important work that we do. Our adoption donation minimum is $350.00 plus $25.00 for a microchip for adult dogs, and $450 plus $25.00 microchip for puppies 1 year and under.
This donation is tax-deductible as allowed by law and helps to offset the costs that we have incurred for the dog’s care and housing during his or her stay with our group. The minimum adoption donation does not entirely cover the investments that we have made in the dogs, so if you are in a position to give more, we would be honored to receive your additional donation. All adoption donations go directly toward the needs of our dogs.
Puppies 5 months and younger are shown by appointment only.
Complete the application and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.